Terms & Conditions of entry
- Entry is open only to legal residents of Australian who complete the form available at https://stepone.life/pages/competition including “what’s your best underwear joke?!” during the Promotion Period defined below (Entrant).
- The Promotion is conducted by Step One Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 640 837 181) (Step One).
- The Promotion starts at 9:00am AEST on 21 December 2022 and ends at 9:00am AEST on 15 January 2023 (Promotion Period). No entries will be accepted outside this time.
- Entry into the Promotion is open to participants who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- By entering the Promotion, Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. The winner will be selected based on skill, as determined by a panel of judges appointed by Step One. The winner will be notified by email or phone within two weeks of the close of the giveaway. The prize for the winner is a Step One gift card with a value of AUD$500 (Prize). The winner must claim the prize within 30 days of being notified. If the prize is not claimed within this time period, it will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected.
- Step One accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, delayed, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted, illegible or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to omission, error, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, disruption to any communication network or medium, or otherwise including those entries not received by Step One for any reason. Step One is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. No correspondence will be entered into.
- To the greatest extent permitted by law, Step One excludes all warranties, representations or guarantees (Warranties) regarding the Promotion, including any Warranties which may have been made in the course of advertising or promoting the Promotion. The conduct of the Promotion or the supply of the Prize may involve third parties, and Step One makes no Warranties and disclaims all liability in connection with any such third parties, their acts or omissions. By entering the Promotion, an Entrant releases and indemnities Step One and its related bodies corporate (including the officers, employees and agents of each) from and against all actions, penalties, liabilities, claims or demands the Entrant may have against Step One or that Step One may incur for any loss or damage which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of an Entrant entering or participating in the Promotion or winning or failing to win a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable.
- If despite the foregoing clause, Step One incurs a liability to an Entrant under any law which implies a Warranty into these Terms which cannot legally be excluded, Step One’s liability in respect of the Promotion is limited, in Step One’s discretion, to either resupplying such goods and services as form part of the Promotion, or paying the cost of resupplying those goods or services.
- Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no circumstances will an Entrant or Step One have any liability to the other for any loss or damage suffered which is indirect or consequential in nature, including without limitation any loss of profit, loss of reputation, loss of goodwill, or loss of business opportunity.
- Step One may in its absolute discretion not accept a particular entry, may disqualify an entry, or cancel the entire Promotion at any time without giving reasons and without liability to any Entrants, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. Without limiting this Step One reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, prize claims and Entrants and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry or prize claim that is misleading or not in accordance with these Terms or who manipulates or tampers with the entry process.
- Step One accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value (including between advertising of the Promotion and receipt of the Prize).
- All entries become the property of Step One. As a condition of entering into this Promotion, Entrants agree to assign all their rights in and to their entry and any related content to Step One, including any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the entry and related content. Without limiting this, Step One may use entry content for any and all purposes including commercial purposes. You warrant that entry content is original, lawful and not misleading and that Step One’s use of such content will not infringe the rights of any third parties. Step One has no obligation to credit you as the author of any content submitted and may otherwise do any acts or omissions which would otherwise constitute an infringement of any moral rights you may have as an author of content.
- The collection and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this Promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy statement which adheres to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Australian Privacy Principles.
- The Promotion and these Terms will be governed by the law of New South Wales. Entrants accept the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts and tribunals of that State or Territory in connection with disputes concerning the Promotion.
- Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Snapchat may be used to advertise or promote the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, Entrants agree that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Snapchat; and to release Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Snapchat from all liability in relation to the Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to Step One and not Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Snapchat.